Bellese Technologies is looking for someone with a passion for solving big problems in healthcare. We need product managers who love to identify customer needs that lead to performant, elegant, and useful solutions used by millions. People use our solutions to provide information about care and coverage when it is needed most to make decisions about their health. We develop digital services that empower patients and caregivers with cost and quality information, as they have come to expect.
The Bellese Team is charged with supporting CMS in their effort to modernize the Medicare Payment System. We employ a research-driven, user-centered, agile, and adaptive product development approach to deliver modern and standards-based solutions. This effort empowers CMS to provide responsive, correct, and accessible systems and processes for processing payments. The team works very closely with our CMS customer teams, as well as other teams in the modernization effort. You will be responsible for managing the development of new products or features. You will have a deep understanding of the technical aspects of your product. You will work closely with developers, service designers and other stakeholders to ensure that your collective ideas become a reality.
- Sitting in the customer’s and user’s shoes: you seek to understand and empathize with the users and their goals – their problems are your problems
- Working with the development team to clarify requirements and help them understand the business side of the product
- Succinctly communicating or demonstrating issues to your team, and leading the thought process of your team to drive toward feasible, viable, and highly-usable solutions
- Creating user stories and acceptance criteria that clearly articulate requirements for each feature
- Translating ideas into actionable, testable solutions, and working with engineering teams to define and implement those solutions
- Verifying that the finished product meets the requirements and the needs of customers by conducting usability tests or reviewing customer feedback
- Prioritizing product backlog items based on business value, time needed to complete, and order in which they were created
- Communicating with stakeholders to ensure that everyone is on the same page regarding features, functionality, and deadlines
- Engaging and communicating with both technical and non-technical folks
- Communicating project status and roadblocks to other team members
- Working as part of an agile software development team – you’re a creative thinker and skilled communicator who thrives in cross-functional teams
- Facilitating meetings and preparing presentations to share ideas and findings
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
- Measuring results: you define success through clear metrics so the customer can see what works and what doesn’t
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of professional experience
- Experience in some of the following:
- Learning about and applying product and design thinking frameworks to problem solving and managing the software development lifecycle
- Working with user research to identify current user experience issues, and driving measurable improvements
- Translating the HCD research findings and user needs into technical solutions, requirements and user stories
- Managing a product backlog (Epics, Features, User Stories) in support of a strategic Product Roadmap
- Releasing and supporting software systems to healthcare providers
- All stages of the product development lifecycle – from research through design inception through implementation
- Organizing/obtaining feedback from stakeholders on completed work
- Posses a strong attention to detail
- Demonstrate flexibility in day-to-day work
- Demonstrate strong collaboration and inter-team skills- ability to listen and consider input from team members
US citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
At Right Resources, our collective and individual efforts to advance diversity, inclusion, and equality throughout our organization are part of our commitment to creating a stronger company. We have longstanding partnerships and relationships with companies including LinkedIn and Indeed, where we post jobs and source talent, who share our values in promoting diversity, inclusion, and equality. Proactive efforts at inclusion by our staff and our company achieve improved outcomes, internally and externally. We will keep doing more and continue to be diligent in our effort to fight against discrimination and all racial, gender, and sexual orientation injustices in ourselves and in those around us.
We do not require applicants to fill out any gender, race, or sexual orientation information on any of our job applications because we welcome a diverse pool of talent, and we include the following message on all of our advertised positions to encourage applicants to apply without concern for unlawful or unethical discrimination from our team.
Right Resources, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Right Resources, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.