Tier II/Tier III Helpdesk Engineer
Location: Remote possible, preferred on siteBowie, Maryland
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 1999
Date Added: 05/12/2023
They are an industry-recognized leader that has spent the last decade guiding healthcare providers and organizations with remote IT support and professional solutions, propelling their continued expansion. They’ve asked us to help them identify a dynamic, growth-minded Help Desk Engineer to join their team.
As a Tier II/III Help Desk Engineer, you will help clients resolve issues with operating systems (Windows & Mac), hardware (laptops, desktops, printers), Active Directory, wireless networks, security, and other needs as necessary. Our team of experts offers trusted technology solutions for healthcare and other industries concerned with data protection and security regulation. We are searching for a Tier II/Tier III Engineer who has a passion for technology and a desire to grow and learn with us.
- Remote and on-site troubleshooting of end-user issues.
- Visit client sites as needed to resolve tickets.
- Understand, follow, and improve our processes and documentation.
- React to incoming alerts from client system monitoring.
- Resolve escalations from the Tier I desk.
- Serve in after-hours on-call rotation (approximately 5 days on-call per month).
- Complete quarterly on-site reviews for assigned clients to ensure systems are configured and operating correctly.
- Complete after-hours server and network equipment maintenance including OS updates and firmware upgrades.
- Assist with project work such as new software rollouts and office moves as assigned.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong knowledge/understanding in the following areas:
- Computer Hardware and how to diagnose hardware problems.
- Wireless basics
- Security principles and best practices
- Mac OS and Windows OS
- Active Directory
- Networks and network troubleshooting
- Routing and switching
At the start of employment is expected to be between $50,000 and $70,000 annually; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, dependent upon the position offered.
US citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
At Right Resources, our collective and individual efforts to advance diversity, inclusion, and equality throughout our organization are part of our commitment to creating a stronger company. We have longstanding partnerships and relationships with companies including LinkedIn and Indeed, where we post jobs and source talent, who share our values in promoting diversity, inclusion, and equality. Proactive efforts at inclusion by our staff and our company achieve improved outcomes, internally and externally. We will keep doing more and continue to be diligent in our effort to fight against discrimination and all racial, gender, and sexual orientation injustices in ourselves and in those around us.
We do not require applicants to fill out any gender, race, or sexual orientation information on any of our job applications because we welcome a diverse pool of talent, and we include the following message on all of our advertised positions to encourage applicants to apply without concern for unlawful or unethical discrimination from our team.
Right Resources, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Right Resources, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.