Service Manager (MSP)
Location: Hybrid (3+ days on-site)Columbia, Maryland
Employment Type: Direct Hire
Job ID: 2004
Date Added: 06/02/2023
One of our best clients is seeking a Service Manager to help expand the capability and efficiency of its support team, especially through use of new technology. We believe a strong leader with knowledge of the industry and the right vision can lead the support team into the future of MSP support and the changing landscape of automation and AI.
This company remains in the region’s 250 Top Tier MSP’s. They have nearly doubled in growth during the last two years and are expected to continue to grow in size, revenue, and loyal clients. The Service Manager will be a part of a management team that includes the CEO, business owners, as well as a peers.
- Manage 3 team leads and 20+ staff.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Service Desk.
- Mentor service desk staff to improve their technical knowledge and customer service skills.
- Act as technical escalation point for the Service Desk
- Collaborate with team members to ensure high priority tickets are resolved efficiently.
- Perform ticket deep dives for quality assurance and to ensure established procedures are being followed.
- Ensure established SLOs and KPIs are met across the remote support channel.
- Analyze trends, identify recurring issues, and work with other IT teams to implement solutions and prevent future incidents.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance service desk efficiency and effectiveness.
- Experience with the following tech:
- Power BI
- Strong understanding of support protocols and standards
- Has experience as a team lead
- Soft Skills Experience:
- Problem Solver
- Bachelor's degree preferred
At the start of employment is base compensation is expected to be $120,000+ annually + individual performance bonus + company profit sharing; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, dependent upon the position offered.
US citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
At Right Resources, our collective and individual efforts to advance diversity, inclusion, and equality throughout our organization are part of our commitment to creating a stronger company. We have longstanding partnerships and relationships with companies including LinkedIn and Indeed, where we post jobs and source talent, who share our values in promoting diversity, inclusion, and equality. Proactive efforts at inclusion by our staff and our company achieve improved outcomes, internally and externally. We will keep doing more and continue to be diligent in our effort to fight against discrimination and all racial, gender, and sexual orientation injustices in ourselves and in those around us.
We do not require applicants to fill out any gender, race, or sexual orientation information on any of our job applications because we welcome a diverse pool of talent, and we include the following message on all of our advertised positions to encourage applicants to apply without concern for unlawful or unethical discrimination from our team.
Right Resources, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Right Resources, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.